This person will be responsible for the development, design and bring-up of the next generation of IoT servers. Works with Product Marketing to evaluate features and make recommendations on next generation edge computing platforms and solutions. Performs feasibility studies, design margin and validation analyses and empirical testing on new and modified designs.Evaluates reliability of materials, properties, designs, and techniques used in production and makes recommendations that will enhance product reliability. Assist in architecture development and assessment. Will create detailed product technical specifications and will provide the technical leadership to the product development team, consisting of ODMs/OEMs, validation teams and support personnel during the design development, bring-up and validation phases of product development.
- Designs engineering solutions for electrical and electronic parts, subsystems, integrated circuitry, and algorithms based on established engineering principles and in accordance with development technology practices and guidelines.
- Develops and implements parameters and test plans for new and existing designs, including validation of tolerances, form/fit/function, shock and vibration, electromagnetic interference, safety, reliability, thermal generation, and system power measurements
- Collaborates and communicates with management, internal, and outsourced development partners regarding design status, project progress, and issue resolution
- Able to lead a project team of other electrical hardware engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for moderately-complex products.
- Represents the electrical hardware team for all phases of larger and more- complex development projects.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members.
- Using electrical design tools and software packages.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Designing electronic systems, components, integrated circuitry, and algorithms
- Using empirical analysis, modeling and testing methodologies to validate component, circuit, and hardware designs and thermal/emissions management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language. Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at management levels.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Typically 4-6 years experience in the design of high reliability servers and/or embedded/industrial computer design.